VQ ANALYZER V.6.1 RELEASE
Today we are pleased to announce the release of an update of VQ Analyzer: our tried and tested video bitstream analysis tool designed to inspect each step of your decoding process graphically and numerically.
The following new features have been added to VQ Analyzer 6.1:
- AVS 3. The new release includes support for AVS 3, the third-generation audio and video encoding and decoding standard formulated by the Audio Video Coding Standard (AVS) Workgroup, including the following features:
- showing prediction type and motion vectors coordinates for inter predicted blocks
- showing luma and chroma prediction types for intra predicted blocks
- showing QP, transform type and number of coefficients in transform mode
- showing luma and chroma pixel values in details for prediction, transform, reconstruction, loop filter, SAO, Adaptive filter and YUV modes
- in loop filter mode boundaries are marked with different colors depending on the filter type
- in loop filter details modified pixels are shown in yellow
- picture and stream statistic in syntax info and info overlays statistic map
- debug yuv mode
- PSNR and SSIM metrics in info overlays and stream view (metrics) for debug yuv mode
- command line features (dump, stats, md5)
- info overlays (Heat map, QPY, CoeffsY)
- reference pictures are shown by arrows in stream view
- reference picture list in syntax info
- DPB info in unit info
- Syntax elements in NAL, Picture and Sequence tabs
- selection and unit info for selected coding unit
- VVC. For VVC Versatile Video Coding (MPEG-I Part 3), a video compression standard, the following functions have been added:
- Syntax elements with errors are indicated in red in NAL tab
In NAL tab of the Syntax Info window, the syntax elements with errors are highlighted in red. You can go to NAL unit with error by double-clicking on error on the errors tab in the Status window.
- SAO calculation details
In the detailed form of SAO mode, there are added formulas to calculate the values of each modified pixel. Also, in the detailed form of SAO mode, there are added the offset values, which are used to calculate modified values.
- In Loop Filter mode, block boundaries are marked for different edge types
Additional boundaries have been added to the main form of the Loop Filter mode, which show the sub block edge type.
- Enhancements for additional info in Loop Filter details shown by clicking on edge and modified pixel
To the detailed form of Loop Filter mode, there are added the formulas to calculate the values of each modified pixel. Also, to the detailed form of Loop Filter mode, there are added the additional filter application parameters.
- Improved display mode of Adaptive Filter
ClassIdx and TransposeIdx visualization has been added to the main form of Adaptive Filter mode. In the detailed form of Adaptive Filter mode, there are added formulas to calculate the values of each modified pixel. Also, in the detailed form of Adaptive Filter mode, there are added the values of parameters that are used to calculate the modified values.
The following features have also been added:
- CABAC range and value of syntax elements are added to Syntax info CU tab
- Enhancements for additional info in Loop Filter details by clicking on edge and modified pixel
- The capability not to display dropped frames
- CU/TU chroma sizes in GUI statistics and bins in picture statistics
- Improved display mode of detailed Adaptive Filter
- CTB info in Coding Flow mode
- MaxCTB size in selection info
- Candidate map to Prediction details
ViCueSoft is a software company specializing in video quality analysis and independent objective and subjective grading, video codecs development and optimization with Intel* Media SDK and OpenCL. ViCueSoft provides consulting, R&D and outsourcing services to companies operating in software-defined transcoding, OTT service, content contribution, distribution, and media servers. Established in 2017, the company’s professional and vibrant team has been delivering custom solutions to more than 100 companies worldwide, including in the USA, Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea.