VQ ANALYZER V.6.3 RELEASE
Today we are pleased to announce the release of an update to VQ Analyzer: our designed and tested video stream analysis tool can inspect each step of your decoding process graphically and numerically.
The following new features have been added to VQ Analyzer 6.3:
VVC. For VVC, Versatile Video Coding (MPEG-I Part 3), a video compression standard, the following functions have been added:
- Visualization of interpolation. Parameters, formulas, and intermediate results of the interpolation process have been added to the popup window in the Prediction mode details for inter blocks.
Pic.1. Visualization of the interpolation process
Formulas and parameters for calculating each sample in Details for all inter modes. For each type of inter block in Details, when clicking on a pixel, a popup window opens where you can view the formulas, parameters, and reference values used to calculate this pixel value.
DPB info panel. The DPB info tab has been added to the unit info window, where you can view the pictures contained in the DPB (decoded picture buffer).
Pic. 2. DPB info panel.
- HRD VBV buffer curve. HRD VBV buffer graph has been added for VVC streams.
Pic.3. HRD VBV buffer curve
- Palette details. Formulas and parameters for calculating each pixel for palette blocks have been added to the Prediction mode details.
Pic. 4. Palette details
AVS3. AVS3, the latest generation source coding/decoding standard with independent intellectual property rights in China, was updated to HPM-12.1, the capability to open and decode streams AVS3 phase 1 profiles has been added.
In addition, many useful features have been added:
- display of Virtual Boundaries in Details for all modes, for VVC;
- changed splitting into square blocks instead of CUs in the Adaptive Filter mode, for VVC;
- delta QP formula in transform Details, for VVC;
- hotkeys for YUV view switching and in Info Overlays mode, for all codecs;
- library stream’ feature, for AVS3;
- picture statistic (qp/bits/bin on picture level), for AVS3;
- improve performance, for AVS3.
ViCueSoft is a software company specializing in video quality analysis and independent objective and subjective grading, video codecs development, and optimization with Intel* Media SDK and OpenCL. ViCueSoft provides consulting, R&D, and outsourcing services to the companies operating in software-defined transcoding, OTT service, content contribution, distribution, and media servers. Established in 2017, the company's professional and vibrant team has been delivering custom solutions to more than 100 companies worldwide, including the USA, Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea.