VQ ANALYZER V.6.5 RELEASE
Today we are pleased to announce the release of an update to VQ Analyzer: our designed and tested video stream analysis tool can inspect each step of your decoding process graphically and numerically.
The following new features have been added to VQ Analyzer 6.5:
For VVC, Versatile Video Coding (MPEG-I Part 3), a video compression standard, the following functions have been added:
- Updated to VTM 15.0
- Intra prediction calculation details. The detailed view of the prediction mode for intra Planar, DC, and Angular modes makes it possible to click on any pixel. When clicked, a pop-up window appears that presents the parameters and formulas for calculating the value of this pixel.
Pic.1 Intra prediction pop-up
- Square blocks in SAO mode. In SAO mode, splitting into Coding Units has been replaced by splitting into square blocks. The square block size can be changed using the Depth switch.
Pic.2 Square blocks
- Weighted Prediction (WP) label in Prediction mode. On the Main View prediction mode, a marking was added for inter blocks with weighted prediction. WP inscription now appears in the bottom right corner of the block.
Pic.3 WP label
- CRC and checksum hash methods. It is now possible to read two more types of verification data (hash) for SEI messages.
- ISP partition to Prediction mode, ISP chroma moved to Separated Chroma View. We added the ability to draw and select PU subpartitions for ISP on the main Prediction mode view. In detail view, each subpartition is shown separately. Chroma for ISP now maps to Separated chroma.
Pic.4 ISP chroma main view
Pic.5 ISP Luma detail view
Pic.6 ISP Luma main view
- SEI messages identification to NAL tab and new SEI tab. In Syntax Info/NAL, detailed information for Prefix SEI and Suffix SEI is available; in Syntax Info, a new SEI tab is added in which information about Prefix/Suffix SEI for the current frame is displayed.
Pic.7 SEI messages identification
- Affine motion vector values to Selection Info can be enabled in the Options menu. The values of motion vectors for the affine blocks can be viewed in the Selection Info window. There came more information about the block's prediction. This data can be enabled or disabled at the user's request in the Options menu by ticking VVC: dynamic selection info.
Pic.8 Affine motion vector values
The new tab IBC buffer for IBC detail. The new IBC buffer tab for IBC detail has been added. Displays the IBC buffer status before the current block is decoded. The buffer rectangle shows the current block position on the IBC buffer; the arrow indicates the buffer area where from the block will take values.
Pic.9 IBC buffer
AVS3. For AVS3, the latest generation source coding/decoding standard with independent intellectual property rights in China, the following functions have been added:
- Updated to HPM-13.1
- Playback functionality. Using this feature, streams can be viewed.
- Mode labels, intra angular directions, IBC, and inter motion vectors to Prediction Main View. Improved the main view of the prediction mode. Added tags for intra and inter mode. The vectors for intra angular mode of the motion vector for inter and IBC mode are drawn.
Pic.10 Prediction mode
- Motion vectors and parameters to inter Prediction Details. In the detail view of the inter blocks, additional information about the prediction is printed – the mode's name, motion vector, differences, flags of the additional modes AMVR, EMVR, SMVD, UMVE, HMVP, MVAP.
Pic.11 Motion vectors and parameters
- Parameters to intra Prediction Details. In the detailed view of the intra blocks, additional information about the prediction is added – the mode name, IIP (Improved Intra Prediction), IPF (Intra Prediction Filter) flags, and parameters for the SWAP mode.
Pic.12 Prediction block
- Deblocking pop-up in Loop Filter Details. In the detailed view of the loop filter mode, when you click on the filtering boundary, a pop-up window appears where you can see the values of pixels before filtering and the value of the bS (boundary filtering strength) parameter.
Pic.12 Loop Filter block details