Decoder Validation Kit (DVK)
AV1 Elementary Streams
- A Video Decoder Certification
- A powerful validation environment for VVC, AVS3, AV1, HEVC, VP9 Decoder developers
- A comprehensive set of test bitstreams, a configurable encoder, and analytic tools to verify decoder compliance to a standard
- A tool that allows comparing test decoder’s output with «known correct» results
- An instrument to determine anomalies in decoder design to save validation and support costs
- The ability for a user to generate own streams with Configurable encoder
- Configurable Encoder is 100x faster than a Reference (HM, VTM et al) encoder
- Create test bitstream with restrictions to hardware design for the current stage of development
- Kit of additional tools - Configurable encoder, Coverage & Analytic
- 1-year free support
- Codec HW IP & SoC designers
- Codec SW developers
- Video Codec Validation & QA engineers
- Academic Researchers
- Chip manufacturers CPU, GPU
- Video co-processor for wide use in cellphones, TV, STB
|Syntax - handy tiny size (small resolution and 1-2 frames only) to maximize coverage of each syntax element and cross-coverage of essential pairs. One test stream - one feature, make individual «coding block» design independently. Good for initial RTL design.
|Stress - include all the features covered by the Syntax streams, in higher resolution and more frames. Good for an advanced stage of decoder design.
|Performance - test the limits of the hardware decoder’s speed. Good for final validation to prove compliance to Level requirements.
|Error resilience - set of non-fully-compliant bitstreams to test decoder’s robustness to errors and ability to recover. Good for final validation to deliver viable end-user product.
- Configurable encoder - to allow the Customer to create their own test stream combination (from syntax to error resilience)
- Residual randomization - test limits of transform and quantization which are hardly achievable with the natural encoding process
- Override - determine a scenario you want for a block with the Override feature, making an exception from a pattern
- Coverage Tool - how the provided streams cover all cases. Compatible with streams.
- Analytic (Collector, Reporter, Differ, Analyzer) - graphical representation of syntax coverages, speed up test cycles by reducing the streams and their number, compares the stream coverage