VQ Probe 2.0: Buffer view, Convex hull, Command Line Interface and more
Today we are pleased to announce the release of an update of VQ Probe 2.0: a video comparison & quality metrics analysis tool, which will be useful not just for professional video codec developers, but also for streaming integrators and for regular users. The new version of VQ Probe is out with a bundle of new and exciting features.
VQ Probe 2.0
The following new main features have been added to VQ Probe 2.0:
- Buffer View gives a snapshot of bits distribution of the left and the right compressed streams.
- VQ Probe builds a convex hull for the given set of RD Curves
- Command Line Interface. In addition to GUI version, VQ Probe provides Command Line Interface (CLI). It can be used in batch mode validation.
Command Line Interface
- ROI (a region of interest). Metrics can be calculated in a part of picture - ROI. You can load rectangle coordinates from the file or detect objects with the integrated ML object detection model.
A region of interest
- Metrics data: import and export. For user convenience, calculated metrics data can be stored and loaded automatically for their reuse. VQ Probe also allows you to export metrics data to a JSON file.
Metrics data: import and export
- Scene Change Detection (SCD). VQ Probe is capable of finding scene changes.
Scene Change Detection
- Object Detection. An Object Detection deep learning network can be executed to identify ROI. You can also compare frames of two streams by their object count.
In addition, many useful features and bug fixes have been added:
The ability to pause and resume the metrics calculation process
The ability to loop playback
The cursor position label
Made plot legends fully clickable and movable
Reversed the colors used in the Heat Map modes
Added tooltips for RD Curve points
Changed the colors used in Metrics View for better readability
ViCueSoft is a software company specializing in video quality analysis and independent objective and subjective grading, video codecs development and optimization with Intel* Media SDK and OpenCL.
ViCueSoft provides consulting, R&D and outsourcing services to companies operating in software-defined transcoding, OTT service, content contribution, distribution, and media servers.
Established in 2017, the company’s professional and vibrant team has been delivering custom solutions to more than 100 companies worldwide, including in the USA, Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea.