VQ Analyzer is the industry's first professional video analyzer that supports AVS3 codec
ViCueSoft, the leading provider of video analyzer software, has recently introduced the first video VQ Analyzer, which supports AVS3 video standard, the latest generation source coding/decoding standard with independent intellectual property rights in China. In addition, AVS3 has been added to the compliance test suite. These updates will help the encoder and decoder manufacturers to verify that they are operating in the AVS3 standard correctly.
As part of the support for the new AVS3 codec, VQ Analyzer has the basic features:
- Showing luma and chroma prediction types for intra predicted blocks
- Showing QP, transform type, and number of coefficients in transform mode
- Showing luma and chroma pixel values in detail for prediction, transform, reconstruction, loop filter, SAO, Adaptive filter and YUV modes
- In loop filter mode boundaries are marked with different colors depending on the filter type
- In loop filter details modified pixels are shown in yellow
- Picture and stream statistic in syntax info and info overlays statistic map
- Debugging yuv mode
- PSNR and SSIM metrics in info overlays and stream view (metrics) for debugging yuv mode
- Command-line features (dump, stats, md5)
- Info overlays (Heat map, QPY, CoeffsY)
- Reference pictures are shown by arrows in the stream view
- Reference picture list in syntax info
- DPB info in unit info
- Syntax elements in NAL, Picture, and Sequence tabs
- Selection and unit info for a selected coding unit
Elementary flow generation technologies with multiple variables have been developed for VQ DVK. The AVS3 VQ DVK Testing Sets also draw on the company's extensive experience creating video streams for a compliance test. In the future, streams will be updated when the AVS3 standard will be updated.
AVS3 is a third-generation Chinese standard for encoding and decoding audio and video. It adapts to the decoding process according to efficient video compression methods and according to multiple data rates, resolutions, and quality requirements. AVS3 has clear advantages in decoding efficiency and is widely used in broadcasting, digital movies, network video, network TV, video surveillance, real-time messaging, instant messaging, digital media (DSM), and still images. It is also the world's first standard adapted for the 8K UHD industry, 5G multimedia applications, and the virtual reality (VR) industry. ViCueSoft is a member of the AVS group.
"China is one of the priority markets for our company. Early this year, we joined AVS Workgroup and started developing AVS3 codec support for our core products, VQ Analyzer and VQ DVK. Now we furnish all the basic functionality programs for the AVS3 codec. All new updates to the codec will also be quickly implemented into our programs in the future,"- says Alexey Fadeev, ViCueSoft CEO.
ViCueSoft is a software company specializing in video quality analysis and independent objective and subjective grading, video codecs development, and optimization with Intel* Media SDK and OpenCL. ViCueSoft provides consulting, R&D, and outsourcing services to companies operating in software-defined transcoding, OTT service, content contribution, distribution, and media servers. Established in 2017, the company’s professional and vibrant team has been delivering custom solutions to more than 100 companies worldwide, including in the USA, Canada, Europe, China, Japan, and Korea.