Assure AV1, HEVC, VP9 and AVS2 Video Decoder Conformance and Validate Robustness
With Developer Validation Kit (DVK)
DVK allows you to:
- Perform extensive, production-scale media validation and debug for AV1, VP9, HEVC, and AVS2 decoders
- Ensure the robustness and compliance of decoders, validate with Stress and Error Resilience Test streams.
- Accelerate decoder design and verification, reduce costs, and speed time to market with Design Staging Bitstreams
- Create custom bitstreams for testing and optimize your stream base for coverage and usage efficiency.
Validation Bitstreams for AV1, HEVC, VP9, and AVS2 Decoders
DVK provides AV1, HEVC, VP9, or AVS2 video streams packaged with a unique software encoder to create custom validation content. Bitstreams are carefully designed for compliance, performance, and error resilience validation of AV1, VP9, HEVC, and AVS2 decoders. To run fast test cycles, we designed stress streams which provide a small footprint and excellent syntax coverage. For quick debug if an issue is found, we provide a broad range of focused syntax stream tests. Unlike contribution bitstreams that are available at codec standard websites, DVK provides high-combinatorial coverage needed to test your decoder.
Extensive Validation Coverage
Due to the syntactical flexibility allowed in modern coding standards, video encoders are capable of producing a variety of bitstreams. A decoder (Media Server, STB or a smartphone) needs a way to validate against every possible encoder available, both today and in the future. It seems impossible, but there is an approach that proves to be credible. It’s a modeling of test scenarios by creating a highly configurable encoder driven by an advanced entropy model—a Random Encoder. The output of this encoder is rigorously tested for coverage of important combinations of syntax elements and values. After an issue is found in a decoder under test, it can be debugged using special streams designed to accelerate this debugging as well. DVK allows developers to compare their decoders’ output with known correct outputs to determine anomalies in their products and save on overall validation and support costs.
Decoder Validation Kit Highlights
- AV1, HEVC, VP9, and AVS2 standards supported
- ALL AV1 Profiles
- HEVC v1, v2, SHVC, SCC
- ALL VP9 Profiles
- AVS2 Main and Main 10
- Design Staging (Syntax) Streams: Step by step codec feature development
- Validation Stress Streams: Ensure your decoder is compliant to standard. Test decoder under worst-case performance and memory bandwidth conditions. Tricky corner cases impossible to generate by conventional encoders
- Error Resilience Test Streams: Ensure decoder is robust and able to process broken and non-compliant streams (limited to some standards)
- Random Encoder Software Generate custom bitstreams for your specific test case.
- Reference and Instrumented Decoders , Checksums and Detailed Coverage Report
AV1, HEVC, VP9, and AVS2 Bitstreams
Due to high demand for online video content, plus bandwidth constraints, next-generation, efficient video codecs like HEVC, AV1, and AVS2 are replacing AVC and MPEG2 for future video feeds. Validation and video codec development teams, IP design, chip verification, and researchers can benefit from DVK to ensure their video playback, streaming, and distribution solutions can support all compliant format inputs.
Cut Development Costs and Time to Market for Video Products
DVK is carefully structured to be as compact as possible to reduce time for validation. Design Bitstreams crafted to gradual increase complexity
You can also use software Random Encoder to generate custom validation streams for your own test cases. Encoding software is flexibly configurable to control every coding tool and syntax element, Syntax elements are configurable at any level: stream, frame, superblock, partition.
For hardware and other technical requirements, see the latest Release Notes.
Get more information regarding performance and optimization choices in Intel® software products.
INFORMATION IN THIS DOCUMENT IS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH ViCue Soft PRODUCTS. NO LICENSE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, BY ESTOPPEL OR OTHERWISE, TO ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS IS GRANTED BY THIS DOCUMENT. EXCEPT AS PROVIDED IN TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE FOR SUCH PRODUCTS, VICUE SOFT ASSUMES NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER AND VICUE SOFT DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY, RELATING TO SALE AND/OR USE OF INTEL PRODUCTS INCLUDING LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES RELATING TO FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, OR INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHT.